The R850 appliance provides failover capabilities for digital (T1, E1, J1, PRI, BRI) circuits. Lines from the telephone company are terminated to the R850, which then delivers service to Digium interface ports on the active server.
R-Series failover appliances allow Asterisk users and integrators to build fully redundant communications systems. These failover appliances handle the physical redirection of PSTN circuits in the event of a catastrophic hardware or software failure. Tightly integrated with monitoring and resource management software, the R-Series can switch PSTN traffic within seconds of a service interruption. A pair of Asterisk-based servers, cross-connected through an R-Series failover appliance, can achieve 99.99% availability at a fraction of the cost of other redundant phone systems solutions. The R850 provides failover capabilities for digital circuits.
The R800, combined with clustered primary and standby Asterisk servers, provides a fully redundant communications solution. Lines from the telephone company are terminated to the R850, which then delivers service to Digium interface ports on the active server. Third-party applications monitor the health of the primary server and provide mirroring of the Asterisk config files.
In the event of a hardware or software failure on the primary Asterisk Server, it will be removed from the cluster and the R-Series is instructed to move the PSTN circuits to the standby. The standby server will assume the role of primary within seconds and without loss of services such as voice mail, phone registrations, etc.
- 8-Port Digital T1/E1/PRI/BRI Failover Appliance
- Supports eight (8) public switched telephone (PSTN) circuits
- Supported Digital Boards: All 1-, 2-, 4- & 8-port TE Series, B410P & Hybrid Cards (BRI)
- Size: 1.72 x 5.84 x 15 inches
- Weight: 3lb 12.6 oz
- Style: 1U Rack mount (brackets included)
- Temperature: 0 to 50° C (32 to 122° F) operation; -20 to 70° C (4 to 158° F) storage
- Humidity: 10 to 90% non-condensing
- Warranty: One (1) year parts & labor, Digium Exceptional Satisfaction Program (ESP)
- Automatic failover solution may require the use of two (2) USB flash drives (not included)