What’s New in Switchvox
Switchvox Softphone for iPhone version 1.1
Version 1.1 of the Switchvox Softphone for iPhone offers Cellular Call Handling. If your data connection is poor, you can use the Cellular option to make Switchvox calls on your iPhone’s phone number (instead of the Switchvox Softphone app).
Switchvox SMB Version 5.10
Switchvox SMB Version 5.9
The Switchboard includes a new WebRTC feature-preview: a Video Call panel in the Switchboard. The panel offers a WebRTC video communication between two Switchvox users.
If both people are using the supported web browser and have an attached camera and microphone, a video call can be initiated from a Phonebook entry in the Switchboard.
Switchvox SMB 5.8.5
- The Digium Phone voicemail app has two new features: Require Password and Screen Voicemail. Also, there is a new sound setting Call Waiting Tone, and the phones now have a progress indicator during firmware updates.
- SMTP has two new settings for port and encryption, which can be used as required by your SMTP server.
- Alerts Manager lets administrators subscribe to system alerts.
- Polycom Phone Feature Packs now support configuration for these Polycom VVX phones with firmware 5.0.2 Rev D: 300, 310, 400, 410, 500, 600.
- Changes: In Peered Switchvoxes, the Published to Peer tab has been deprecated. All extensions on a peered Switchvox are automatically published for use by the peer. The peer can choose which peered extensions to include in its Internal Directory (Tools > Contacts). Time Frame selection has been removed from the call rules’ block rules settings.
Switchvox SMB Version 5.8
- Digium Phones can be set up for immediate transfer on rapid dial keys (allowing blind transfer instead of assisted transfer)
- Music On Hold can now come from an external source via USB to the Switchvox appliance
- Voicemail greetings can be controlled from call rules (based on the day and time, and/or your status)
- Peered Switchvoxes makes it easier to create a peered Switchvox